Friday, December 13, 2013

Chanukah Decor

Is your house decorated for Chanukah? 

I'm having a really hard time this year, since the Christmas season is just upon us, and Chanukah is long since gone.  I didn't really get around to decorating much for Chanukah this year.   With everything going on and Thanksgiving to prep for, I didn't even get the box out of the garage until the first night of Chanukah.

Then, instead of decorating on my one 1/2 day off, I spent it cleaning said garage as a Christmas present to my husband.  I think I made the right choice, but now I'm not so sure.

Our house looks kind of sad and lonely.  I've always been into decorating for the holiday season.  Last year I covered the mantle with hanging ornaments of purple, blue and silver.  Accented with Silver mirror type candles, it just danced with festive and light.

This year, the mantle is covered with photos to be hung.  The candles are still wrapped in tissue paper from being put away last year.  The Chanukah decor is sitting haphazardly on the table.  And no, there aren't any lights decorating the outside of the house.

Are you still decked out in Chanukah glory?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...