Monday, January 6, 2014

Sharing a bedroom

Now that we've announced the new baby, I can discuss all the things we're trying to figure out.  Chiefly among them is the 'where will the baby sleep' discussion.  There are many parts to this question, including the all important transition for EG from the crib to a toddler bed.  But I don't want to talk about that, instead, I want to figure out if it's possible for EG and the baby to share a room.

We have a relatively small house.  It's common areas are large, and please understand that I LOVE our house.  It's got great natural light, wonderful flow from space to space, and lots of room for all of us together.

That being said, it's a tiny beach cottage and it has no storage and the bedrooms are tiny.  Tiny! 

Currently EG's room looks like this:


Yes, that is her changing table behind the door.  Listen, it's worked for us!  Now however, I'm not so sure.

Ideally I'd like for the two kids to sleep in the same room.  I think it will be a tight fit, but I'm not ready to give up our guest bedroom.  Add to that the fact that I think it builds good mojo between your kids (that adorable pillow talk) and I think it's a great idea.

Working Dad, he thinks I'm nuts.  He has a few valid points.  The concern about one of them waking each other up all the time- valid.  The pointed comments about how the Guest bedroom has never really been finished, and is often a spot where we throw a ton of junk- valid. 

However, we do have guests.  I like having guests. In fact, I love it.  It's one of the big things that my mom didn't do, that I really enjoy.  Want to swing by and stay the night- I love it!   What am I going to do without that space.

Did you share a bedroom?  Do your kids share a bedroom?  What should we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...