Friday, January 1, 2016

Here's to 2016.... OMG a Goal Post



I've never really enjoyed seeing everyone write out their goals for 2016.  It's quite possibly because I've found so much more meaning in the same idea, but for Rosh Hashana.  This year, however, I'm writing out some things that I plan to do.

Instead of thinking of them as goals, I'm thinking of them as public proclamations to help keep me honest.  So here goes...

1. WHOLE 30: Starting today I'm jumping on the WHOLE 30 bandwagon.  Yes, it's January 1, which is probably the most typical and ridiculous day to start the program.  But I don't care.  It's time for me to figure out my GI issues, and to really think about my food intake.  When Working Dad moved down here to Orange County without me I took a big jump off the deep end being alone each night with nothing but food and chores.  So now I'm finally ready and settled enough to give it a go.

2. BUY A HOUSE!  That's right folks, I have a determined plan to buy a house.  We've been homeless now for over half a year, and I'm ready for it to end.  I'm ready to be unpacking all those boxes of things I haven't seen in way to long (like all the shoes that were EG's that Ocho desperately needs!)

3. VACATION WITH MY HUSBAND:  Yup, sionara kiddos, I'm ready to get the heck out of dodge and find some us time.  It's been hard for us to not have a space of our own for so long.  To long.  But that's the breaks of the game.  It's time to unwind, reconnect and remember all the things we love about each other, why we got married and what we need to do to keep it going.  We had a rough year last year, but let's move on.

4. MAKE NEW FRIENDS:  Along with moving to a new place, comes making new friends (I'm looking at you unknown anonymous reader!)  It's tough to move to new places, and I've started the process here in south OC (Hi MOMS Club) but it's an ongoing continuous cycle of events to meet new people and get in touch.

5. FAMILY VACATION:  We, all four of us, need to get gone.  Ideally someplace outside of the continental US, but I'll settle for a few good camping trips.  It's so much fun to see us outside of our 'natural habitat (though I'm not sure we have one of those anymore...) and it's important for us to take time to reconnect.

6. BE IN TOUCH WITH MYSELF: I need to honor my own ideas and thoughts this year.  And that's all I'm going to say about that.  Between me, G-d, and this little line here, hopefully I can take it forward.

7.  LAUNCH MY NEW WEBSITE:  That's what the big announcement was going to be last year.  Let's get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...