Thursday, April 30, 2015

Tablet Magazine- squashing interactions

I like to read Tablet Magazine, and online Jewish magazine that often has interesting stories.  I feel like its part of my job as hostess of this blog to keep my readers informed of larger Jewish issues as they come up and relate to children, parenting, etc.

But when I recently went to Tablet I was shocked to find this:


As if it wasn't bad enough that I need to pay to comment, I need to pay to see the commenting!  Wow- what a load of BS.

They 'take pride' in our community of readers, but can't seem to allow a few anonymous commentators to enter the frey...

That's fine, there are LOTS of people who don't allow anonymous commentators (Kveller and Interfaith Family to name a few).  I don't like to sign-up with various websites just to comment, but that dosen't restrict me (usually) from seeing what other people have to say.  I love that I can look at other comments, and sometimes comment on their items myself.  A cursory internet search didn't show up with any other pay-to-comment websites.

It seems to me that if you want to be free, then be free.  Charging me $2 to comment each day seems like a crazy thing to do.  Do you think that with two children to feed on one salary that I can afford to frivolously spend $2 each time I want to say something?  I don't think so...

So long Tablet. It was nice knowing you.  I think I'll have to take my name off of your e-mail newsletter.. or, I could start charging you to send me something...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...