Thursday, May 14, 2015

Baby Friendly Places: Valvoline Oil Change

I realize that this seems like a ridiculous post.  Which has nothing to do with raising children, let alone raising Jewish ones, but it was such an amazing experience that I can't help but share.

My check engine light has been on for a few months now.  Between events/holidays/work/packing/moving/listing the house it's been on the total bottom of my list.  This morning there were a few people looking at the house so I couldn't be there.  After dropping off EG I was trying to figure out what to do. Of course Ocho was exhausted, so anything where I had to take her out of the car seemed a bit daunting.

First I got gas. Woot- one errand down.  Then I thought about Target, but I realized that would involve Ocho out of the car.  So, as I was driving away from the gas station I saw it...

They promised a 15 minute oil change, no wait, and I didn't have to get out of the car.  Wait- did I read that right?  I, and Ocho, don't have to get out of the car?  Can this be true?


So I spin around, follow the arrows and 2 minutes later there is a team of guys working on my car.  They pull me in, line my car up, check my lights, then have me fill out one piece of paperwork.  Yup, that's right, only one piece of paperwork!


There are no upsells.  Okay, let me rephrase, he tells me a few things that might need to be done on my car- such as my air filter, and some of my other liquid levels, but he never even suggests that my car might have issues if I don't do these things.  He asks me which oil I want, giving me prices for a synthetic blend or a more expensive totally synthetic.  He even tells me that he has regular oil, but dosen't recommend it.  When I tell him I think the blend is fine he doesn't try to upsell me- he agrees with me! 


It's like I'm on vacation- listening to the radio, watching guys chat around the car.  They do this thing where they sort of yell around the shop, and it's kind of sweet....

They sent me my receipt via e-mail.  So easy, and so nice.  Here's hoping that if you need an oil change Valvoline will make it easy for you too!


1 comment:

  1. It's great that you're happy with their service. It sure is fast, and really convenient for those who have a lot of errands in line to take care of. Thanks for sharing this review, and have a great day!


    Abraham Yates @ Apache Oil Company

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...