Friday, January 3, 2014

A Sensitive Heart

This is something I want to address, because I know there are people who are reading this who may not be able to conceive, or who may be wanting a child but facing fertility issues.  I can't speak to what you are going through.  I've had no first hand experience with trying to conceive, I only know what friends and relatives have gone through.

I just want to say that I'm thinking of you.  I'm praying that your heartache ceases and that you are able to conceive.  That the child you want comes into being.

Through fertility treatments, through adoption, through whatever means ends up being your path, all are equal ways to motherhood and fatherhood. 

Many of you may not know that my mother had trouble conceiving.  Her story isn't my story, but I do know that when we got married she worried desperately about both my sister and me, and our abilities to have children.  She tried for just under 6 years, and at a time when fertility treatments were still very new and difficult.

This is another area of struggle for all women.  To feel joyful for another in the face of your own struggles. Know that I understand, and that it's okay.  That I don't pretend to know what you are going through with waiting, wanting, injections, medical treatments and thousands of dollars. 

But do know that I care.  That my heart is thinking of you, and praying for you, and hoping for you.

Shabbat Shalom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...