Thursday, January 2, 2014

Creating a family of Choice

When we got married, I started to create my 'family of choice.'  The first of many choices of how our family would be.  Decisions that we made that were for the two of us, our plans for the future, our decisions.

Sometimes it was a challenge to stand by each other in the face of our families of origin.  The first few months with Working Dad unemployed were rough on our budding marriage, but we perservered, overcame and have become better for it.


 Having known each other since high school, finally getting to the point of being a Mrs. was the best decision I've ever made. Everyday I know we both made the right choice in choosing each other.


Since then, obviously, our family of choice has expanded.  We've added our darling amazing EG, who has made our lives all the better and more full.  Our love has grown with her love, and we couldn't be happier to have added her to the family.

She's an amazing tiny human, and guiding her through life, teaching her all the things she needs to know has been a blessing a a joy. 

Being a family of three has helped our marriage grow only more solid.
 
We're excited and thrilled to announce that we'll be adding a new bundle of joy in July.  
Our family will be expanding by one more. 

No, we don't know what we are having.  No, I'm not sharing our due date (I don't want to be beholden to it, or have people harassing me!) No, this pregnancy has not been the same as it was with dear EG, and no, I'm not sure if that means we'll be having a boy. 

We're just thrilled with the news, and I'll share more details after the holidays.

Thanks for listening, and sharing in our wonderful Joy this holidays season.

Happy New Year!


                  

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Just to give you a heads up my pregnancy with H was much different than with C, both boys, so really until you see the baby there's no real heads up! Let me know if you have any questions about having two!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...