Thursday, May 8, 2014

Bedroom for B2

Now that my sister has come and gone we've started to really turn our attention to the new babies room.  We're going with a Noah's Ark theme, since Working Dad's grandmother collected them, and we have about 6 or 8 that we can display.  I like the theme, it works well in our house, and sort of compliments EG's Hot Air Balloon theme. 

Here's the mood board I created.  This is my first time creating one, so don't judge me to harshly:

I've already bought the wallpaper, which is Element by Graham and Brown.  It wasn't too expensive, and we'll be mounting it horizontally to make it like an ocean wave.  I'm planning to mount all the arks around the water, with the animals inside.  There will be at least two that the children can play with, most likely a playmobile wooden one, then there are a few puzzely wooden ones from Grandma's collection.

We're using the crib we have from EG's room, once we get her toddler bed.  She's not crawling out of the bed yet, so we're planning to put in the toddler bed and try taking naps on it before moving over for nightime.

The dresser is the big piece that I haven't found yet.  The one in the mood board is from Pottery Barn and is over $1000, so I don't think we'll get that one.  I've been looking on Craigslist, and hope to find one cheaply.  I'm planning to do magnetic paint on the end sides, and maybe do a rainbow in the middle of the closet space.  The closet in the babies room has lots of storage and things that can't move, so I'm pretty much planning to block it off.

I love these bamboo blinds.  I think I can use them decoratively, and then add a total light blocking curtain behind them.  This image is from Young House Love.  I also LOVED their little octopus hanging item- I picked that up from Target.

The only thing I haven't been able to buy/find is the rocking chair I want.  The one in this image is from Target's Eddie Bauer line, but they don't make it anymore.  They sell one by Little Castle, but I don't really like it and it's really expensive.

Oh well- what do you think about B2's room?  I'll update you as we make some progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...