Thursday, November 21, 2013

I'm already annoyed

Thanksgiving hasn't even passed, and already I am inundated by the Christmas in the Los Angeles area.

If you ask Working Dad, I will never be friends with Christmas.  I'm not anti-Christmas, but growing up in Los Angeles (where the wheather might not even be more than a touch chilly around the holidays) has made me completely against most holiday music.  Baby it's cold outside?  White Christmas?  I could go on.

I thought I had made progress when I moved to Pittsburgh.  There was snow on the ground.  It was cold.  The holiday lights meant it wasn't completely pitch black when I walked home at 5pm. 

Now that I'm back in LA, I just can't get it.  It's not cold, there's no snow, there's no need for the extra lights, and IT"S NOT EVEN THANKSGIVING YET!

So, this year I'm making change.  Any time someone on TV or the radio mentions Christmas, or plays a Christmas song before Thanksgiving, I'm changing the channel.

I can get through 25 days of the holiday.  I can't get through a month and a half.

How do you cope with the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...