Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Chores

As EG gets to be an amusing and engaging Toddler, I can't help but think that it's time to get her started with chores.

I know what you are thinking.  She's not even 18 months old!...Sometimes I think it's best to start as you intend to go on.  And this is definitely one of those moments.

I've been trying to think about what she can do, and I've found a bunch of good lists and articles.  One of my favorites is from The Happy Housewife.  I hadn't seen her blog before I did a search for chore information, but she seems to be fairly interesting.  If nothing else, the story of their relationship is certainly worth reading...

While I think her list is good, I still see some problems.
  1. EG doesn't have a bed she can make yet, she's still in the crib
  2. I'd love for her to bring her laundry to the laundry machine, but then I have to have something she can carry it in that fits in her room... I'm afraid the baskets we already have don't work well
  3. Unloading silverware seems good, but she's not tall enough to get to the silverware drawer.  What about the knives? 
Will I just be sort of doing her chores to enable her to do chores?  Am I thinking to far in advance on this one?

Lots of people say that she can help set the table, which I think she can totally do.  Except for the fact that she can't reach the table...

What types of chores are your kids doing?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...