Friday, August 1, 2014

Challah Challenge

Now that I'll be staying home for a little bit, I'd like to get into the habit of making Challah each week.  We love getting our challah from EG's school, but I think there is something nice about the house smelling like bread and really bringing Shabbat to the forefront on fridays.

Did I mention that each week they send EG home with unbaked challah- so I've definitely started to bake a bit each week, if only so I can get her Challah to be edible.  But what about making it myself....

So, I'm announcing the Challah Challenge. 

Ruth and Dave cc
I want to find the perfect Challah recipe.  Something that's easy enough to achieve, but also flexible.  Something for everyone.  I want to try egg-free, gluten-free, etc. etc.

So, starting next month I'm going to be dedicating the second Friday of the month to a new Challah recipe.  I'm open to all suggestions. I've been looking through pinterest, they have some interesting designs and recipes.

Do you have a family recipe?  Can I try it out?

Shabbat Shalom- and here's to domestic bliss in the form of Challah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...